Terms & Conditions
Agreement for Repair
- The terms set out in these Conditions of Repair shall apply to the service we provide to repair your electronics device and/or any accessories listed (Equipment).
- Reference to “us”, “we” and “our” refer to ICRACKEDIT and references to “you” and “your” are references to you, the person addressed on this form.
- All repairs (unless otherwise stated)
- This Agreement shall commence from the date you sign the form and shall continue until we have repaired or otherwise returned your Equipment (Services), whichever is sooner, and received any payment due from you.
- We shall make all reasonable efforts to repair your Equipment subject to the availability of any parts required and the terms of any relevant guarantee or warranty. We shall perform the Services using our reasonable care and skill.
- Any time estimate for completion of the Service which may be given to you is an estimate only and does not form any obligation under the terms of this Agreement.
- We shall notify you when the Equipment has been repaired and is available for collection. If you do not collect the Equipment within a reasonable period, we may dispose of the Equipment. Any sum obtained on disposal will be used to meet any unpaid estimate or repair charges you are liable to pay and any remaining balance will be sent to you or will remain payable by you accordingly.
- If we are unable to complete the Service for any reason, or the Service will incur further costs payable by you, we will notify you immediately via telephone and/or email. If no fault is found on your Device or you do not accept our revised estimate, we will return your Device to you unrepaired and we reserve the right to charge you an inspection fee in accordance with our standard charges.
- Our out of warranty/chargeable repairs are guaranteed for 90 days from the date the Equipment is ready for collection. If the same fault should re-occur we will repair if free of charge. If the Equipment develops an additional fault unrelated to the original repair, the repair warranty contained in this paragraph will not apply.
- We may in certain circumstances send your Equipment to another repair centre and sub-contract the repair work to a third party.
- We do not accept responsibility for any progression in damage for Devices that have been damaged by liquid. Opening the Device could set off further damage which in some cases may be very serious and irreparable.
- We do not accept responsibility for any progression in damage where your Device has been repaired elsewhere prior to your repair at icracked-it or any issues found in your Device (i.e. ‘Touch Disease’, ripped flex) which were not evident upon initial inspection.Should any issues become evident, once the Device is opened, we will contact you via telephone/email.
- The Warranty is linked to a specific device as identified by its unique IMEI or serial number and to a specific Customer as identified by the records on our CRM system. It will cover the Customer for any re-occurrence of the original fault and for the part replaced / repaired only, however if additional faults arise, they will not be covered under the terms of this Warranty.Furthermore, the Warranty will not cover accidental damage, liquid damaged, nor will the cover extend should the device change ownership.
Additional terms for warranty repairs
Where repair is to be carried out under a relevant guarantee or warranty, we may ask you to provide sufficient proof of any guarantee or warranty,
If your Equipment is beyond economic repair, we may at our absolute discretion replace your Equipment with a suitable equivalent rather than carry out repair works.
If the nature of the repair falls outside the terms of your warranty or guarantee, then you may incur a charge for the repair under the terms as set in clause 4. We will endeavour to notify you of any such charge prior to undertaking any work.
If you provide misinformation to ICRACKEDIT regarding the age of your device, resulting in an expired warranty, ICRACKEDIT may charge a £10.00 diagnosis fee.
Additional terms for chargeable repairs
If the repair to your Equipment is not covered by a guarantee or warranty or the nature of the repair is beyond any terms of your guarantee or warranty we will charge you for the repair in accordance with the terms of this Agreement.
The cost of repair will be calculated where possible in accordance with our standard charges as published from time to time. 4.3 The cost of repair may not fall within our standard charges where the Equipment is not generally supported by us, Equipment repairs are sub-contracted or the nature of repair is not within our standard rates of repair. In this event, we will provide you with an estimate of the cost of repair and we will not repair the Equipment until we have received your acceptance of that estimate.
If we are unable to repair your Equipment, no fault is found on your Equipment or you do not accept our estimate, we will return your Equipment to you unrepaired and we reserve the right to charge you an inspection fee in accordance with our standard charges.
We may keep your Equipment until all charges payable have been paid. [We may also charge an additional fee for storage of your Equipment.
Our entire liability in respect of any single cause of action arising out of or in connection with this Agreement or its subject matter (whether for breach of contract, tort, including negligence, statute or otherwise at all) shall be limited, to the extent that the cause of action related to our supply of the Services, at our option to: (a) supplying the Services again; (b) payment of the cost of having the Services supplied again; or (c) repaying to you any amount that you have paid in respect of the Services.
If through our negligence or wilful misconduct, we damage the Equipment beyond economical repair, our liability will be limited to the cost of providing a replacement with a product that is the same as or similar to the Equipment.
Any data or information that you may have stored on the Equipment shall remain your sole responsibility and we accept no liability for loss or corruption of such data howsoever caused. It is your responsibility to keep a record of any such data.
Nothing in this clause 5 shall apply so as to limit or exclude our liability for: (a) death or personal injury resulting from our negligence; (b) breach of any terms implied by statute; (c) any claim arising under the Consumer Protection Act 1987; or (d) fraudulent misrepresentation.
In no circumstance shall we be liable to you for any indirect, special or consequential loss arising out of or in connection with this Agreement, including any loss of business, revenue, profits, anticipated savings, goodwill or any other indirect or consequential loss or damage howsoever arising.
Except as expressly provided in this Agreement, all representations, conditions and warranties, whether express or implied (by statute or otherwise) are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
We shall not be liable for any claim arising under this Agreement unless you give us written notice of the claim within 3 months of becoming aware of the circumstances giving rise to the claim or, if earlier, 3 months from the time you ought reasonably to have become aware of such circumstances.
We ask for your name and address and the other details set out overleaf (Personal Information) so that we can notify you when your Equipment has been repaired and so we can give you an efficient after-sales service. We may also send you text messages from time to time to alert you to new services that we may provide. By signing the questionnaire and using these Services you consent to our use of your Personal Information as described. If you do not wish to receive text messages at any time you should write to us at ICRACKEDIT.
- We shall not be liable to you for any delay in or failure of performance of our obligations under this Agreement arising from any reason beyond our reasonable control.
- Our failure to exercise or enforce our rights or the giving of any forbearance, delay or indulgence, will not be construed as a waiver of such rights under this Agreement or otherwise.
- This Agreement sets out the entire agreement and understanding between you and us in connection with its subject matter. Nothing in this Agreement shall affect our liability in respect of any misrepresentation, warranty or condition that is made fraudulently.
- This Agreement may not be amended, modified, varied or supplemented except in writing signed by or on behalf of you and us.
- If any part of this Agreement is found to be void or unenforceable it will be severed from the rest of this Agreement so that it is effective to the extent that shall not affect the validity of the balance of the Agreement, which shall remain valid and enforceable according to its terms.
- Nothing in this Agreement shall confer on any third party any benefits under the provisions of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- All orders include our Freepost Returns Service and Return Delivery by Royal Mail Tracked 24. At Checkout you will have the option to post your device via your own courier or use our Next Day Free Returns Address. Our Free returns address only covers loss of items up to £500. If you would like to cover your item for more than £500, please select your own courier to do so. Any goods shipped to you must be examined upon receipt. Please contact us immediately if you have received your item damaged by the courier. Once your device is repaired it will be posted out same day via Royal Mail Tracked 24.
- The Post Office state that they aim to deliver Royal Mail Tracked 24 the next working day – click here to read more. However, in certain circumstances it may take up to 10 working days, please click the link to read Royal Mail’s Terms and Conditions.
As we provide our own free shipping service we will not reimburse any additional shipping payments made by the customer.
- In the very rare occasion the device is lost in the post, we will need a copy of the original receipt for the item to make a claim. Please note this may take up to 28 days to be processed before any further action can be taken.
- If you would like to collect your parcel from your local APC Depot or to re-arrange your delivery please click here
- When purchasing a product from Quick Electronics Fix the courier used is selected by the company and cannot be changed by request.
- If you leave notes at checkout asking for specific requests or dates, we cannot guarantee this request will be fulfilled. However, we do promise it will dispatched within the promised 24 – 48 hours, unless any errors occur, which you will be informed about.
- Please take your packaged device to your local post office (please refrain from taking directly to the post box, as this may cause delays in the service). Please make sure you get a receipt with a bar code on from the Post Office so you can track your parcel. Failure to get a bar code will mean your parcel can not be tracked.
If you are returning a device, you can use the same postage label provided in the original confirmation email sent out.
- When sending your device, if you choose to include separate parts, you are sending these at your own risk and we will not be held responsible if these parts go missing before your package is delivered to us. Please ensure the parts are well sealed and wrapped so nothing goes missing. When your package arrives with us we log in all the separate parts we receive, which can be seen on the repair tracker.
International Customers (Outside UK) you will be required to arrange your own courier to get the device to us and pay £20 additional fees to get the device sent back to you using a secured international postal service.
Payment can be made by Credit Card, Debit Card or PayPal.
- Are subject to change. Promotional items state the price and duration and such prices only apply at the time of the promotion. All prices are inclusive of VAT and delivery charges except otherwise stated.
- No Fix, No Fee Policy – This does not cover all repairs, such as water damage and diagnostic. However, each case will be individually considered and a full refund will be handed out based on our discretion.
Non Refundable Repairs
A few of our repairs are non-refundable, this includes liquid damage repairs and/or liquid damage related repairs and diagnostics if you decide not to proceed with the repair.
- All repair parts (with the exception of software related, battery and water damaged devices) come with different duration warranty. Screen replacement come with life time warranty(T&C apply), Battery replacement come with 6 months warranty, laptop & PC comes with 3 months warranty and any other servicing comes with 1 month warranty.. This excludes faults relating to physical or accidental damage or if the device is opened whilst in your possession. If the nature of the repair falls outside the terms of your warranty or guarantee, then you may incur a charge for the repair.
- Does not cover repairs on Wi-Fi Faults and accidental damage .
- If you take your device to a third party after it has been repaired by ICRACKEDIT this will void the warranty on your device. This includes both repaired and purchased devices.
- All software related repairs will not be covered by our warranty.
- Only covers the original repair. For example, if you pay for a screen repair and the screen becomes faulty, you will be covered with a 1 year warranty. If any additional faults occur that are not related to the original repair this will not be covered under warranty and will need to be paid for.
- For refurbished devices sold by ICRACKEDIT differs depending on the device and only covers manufacturing defects. If the fault is not related to this or happens outside of the warranty period, an extra cost may occur.
- If your device is damaged beyond economical repair through our negligence or wilful misconduct, our liability will be limited to the cost of providing a replacement with a product that is the same or similar to your device. You have sole responsibility for any data store on your device and we accept no liability for loss or corruption of such data howsoever caused. It is your responsibility to keep a record of any such data.
- When sending in a damaged device, our technicians will probably need to open up the device to either diagnose or repair it; this comes with an element of risk and may result in some minor damages to your device. We do everything possible to ensure this doesn’t happen, however, if it does happen and the damages are significant we will offer a replacement or repair.
- We will not be responsible for any damage or fault caused by a previous repair.
Repair Process and Delays
- We aim to repair your device within 24-48 hours of receiving it. Although 99.3% of all repairs get done on the same day, sometimes we encounter further issues that slow the repair down.
- If for any reason your repair will take longer, you will be notified with the reason and the estimated completion date. Alternatively, you can check the repair tracker to see if there have been any new developments in relation to your repair.
- If we need to order in new parts, the repair process may be delayed. We will keep you updated throughout the whole process.
- Please be aware diagnostics may take longer than usual repairs as our trained technicians take time to look at every element of the device and check for faulty parts.
- Please be advised we cannot guarantee your device will be repaired after we diagnose the fault. 97% of devices that we diagnose are repaired.
- With screen repairs on Samsung Devices there is always a chance of the LCD breaking due to the glue needed to bond the glass to the LCD, we are one of the few repairers that offer just a glass repair, which in turn passes the savings on to the customer, however occasionally the LCD may break, before this happens, we always notify the customer and the procedure about to happen and the chance of it breaking, and ask for permission to carry on, as we will not be liable for the cost of the replacement LCD.
- Liquid Damage repairs can take up to 7 – 14 days.
- Any Motherboard related repairs can take up to 7 – 14 days.
- Any Software related repairs can take up to 7 – 14 days.
- Any time estimate for completion of the repair service, which may be given to you, is an estimate only and does not form any obligation under the terms of this agreement.
- If we receive your device and we find there is nothing wrong with the device, we will send it back and refund you the difference. However, there will be a £9.99 handling fee deducted; this covers postage & diagnostic costs.
When you send your electronics device in to us for a repair, it is rigorously tested by a number of different testers and departments, sometimes additional faults are found. If we find an additional fault with your electronics device we will send you an additional repair payment request via email. It is your decision if you choose to proceed or not. If you choose to go ahead with the repair, once we receive payment, your electronics device will be passed back to our technicians to continue work, if you choose to decline, we will stop work and send the electronics device back as it is. If you have any queries about the additional repairs, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.
Water Proof Repairs
- Electronics devices that are sold as being waterproof are originally sealed in the manufacturer’s factory with special machines and special liquid proof gaskets.
- When we carry out a repair on a waterproof device that involves opening and closing the device we cannot guarantee that your device will be 100% waterproof after the repair process has been completed. We replace all gaskets required but only the manufacturers of the device have access to the specialised equipment required. However, we always use grade A parts and use the best possible techniques.
Our trained testers and technicians always test the device on arrival and before it is dispatched. We test many different aspects of the device, including the buttons, vibration, sound, cameras, charging port, Wi-Fi, speakers, signal, front screen, LCD display, power settings and much more, to ensure we don’t miss any faults and provide the best service possible.
Please ensure your data is wiped or back up via your operating system before sending your device to us. Our repairs are done in a professional manner but we cannot guarantee data will be on the device on return to you. We do not offer a data recovery service. Pin Locks and passwords must be removed before you send your device to us. We advise that all Sim and memory cards be taken off the device before sending to us for repair.
- If you wish to cancel your repair, you must do this before we commence any repairs. We will fully refund your order if the request is made before any repair commences. We aim to carry out your repair on the same day your device is received. We are unable to cancel any repair that has already commenced.
- We reserve the right to make changes to this website and terms and conditions.
- We operate a no fix, no fee policy.
- As office hours are restricted during the weekend our service will be slower than usual and we may take longer to respond to emails and messages.
- Emailing & Messaging.
- We aim to answer all emails and messages within 24 hours. This may be slightly longer if you email or message us during a Sunday or Bank Holiday.
- Please note that messages left using our messaging app may result in a longer response time compared to emailing us directly on info@ICRACKEDIT.org.
- This only covers customers who can provide a legitimate tracking code for the services we provide; your own courier services are not included.
- This is up to the value of your device or £500, whichever is the cheapest amount, and this will cover for a like for like replacement of the handset/tablet sent in.
- The insurance is for when the device is in transit only.
- The insurance covers postal loss only. We will cover loss of your device only when it fails to be delivered and the courier company we have used confirm the item as lost.
- Lack of secure packaging can result on a claim being denied.
- We will not cover loss of any device if packaging has been tampered with.
- We will also not cover damage that has occurred due to postal handling process.
- If we replace a device for a like for like model for any reason, this comes with a 3 month
- ICRACKEDIT warranty; this does not cover accidental damage.
- This insurance cover is provided by ICRACKEDIT and not by Royal Mail.
- The diagnostic fee covers shipping costs only and will be deducted from any repair cost if you decide to go ahead with a repair.
- The diagnostic is in process throughout the duration of the time your device is in our possession as this is an on-going operation.
- At ICRACKEDIT we will not repair any device that has been blocked. The device will be sent back and the customer will be refunded, however, if it was sent in for a diagnostic or liquid damage this will not be refunded.
- If the device has no IMEI number then we will not repair the device. This is for security and warranty purposes, the device will be sent back and the customer will be refunded, if it was sent in for a diagnostic or liquid damage this will not be refunded.
We will attempt a re-repair on your electronics device twice after the initial repair. If after this, the electronics device is still faulty we will issue a refund (minus postage costs). We will need to see the electronics device and make sure its faulty prior to issuing a refund. This does not include diagnostic and water damage related repairs.
Please note that if our packaging is checked out as an additional option, this is only available for one time being sent out and not multiple times, this service can be sent out additionally if it is checked out once again.
All our refurbished electronics devices are sold in subject to section 50A of the VAT Act 1994 and the VAT (Special Provisions) order 1995. A VAT Margin scheme applies; you can read more about it here.
If we have carried out a liquid damage, screen or mother board related repair on any of the following devices and error 53 appears on the device, we will not be held accountable. This is an issue with Apple and not due to the repair carried out by ICRACKEDIT and it will not be covered by our warranty.
- Ipad mini and Air 2
- IDevice 5
- IDevice 5c
- IDevice 5S
- IDevice 6
- IDevice 6 Plus
We shall not be liable to you for any delay in or failure of performance of our obligations under this Agreement arising from any reason beyond our reasonable control.
Our failure to exercise or enforce our rights or the giving of any forbearance, delay or indulgence, will not be construed as a waiver of such rights under this Agreement or otherwise.This Agreement sets out the entire agreement and understanding between you and us in connection with its subject matter. Nothing in this Agreement shall affect our liability in respect of any misrepresentation, warranty or condition that is made fraudulently.This Agreement may not be amended, modified, varied or supplemented except in writing signed by or on behalf of you and us.If any part of this Agreement is found to be void or unenforceable it will be severed from the rest of this Agreement so that it is effective to the extent that shall not affect the validity of the balance of the Agreement, which shall remain valid and enforceable according to its terms.Nothing in this Agreement shall confer on any third party any benefits under the provisions of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.